FUNDRAISING EVENTS - Walk Against Domestic Abuse 2013
In 2012, one service user and her Support Worker joined Ramblers Cymru on the Colwyn Bay Coastal Path and raised £140.75 for Hafan Cymru. This year we would like to multiply that success by doing the ‘Bala Challenge’ as our ‘Walk Against Domestic Abuse’ 2013!
The Date: Saturday 11th May 2013
Registration (minimum) fees (you may pay more - all proceeds go to charitable causes):
• Advance entries: £8 per person (closing date: 1 May 2013)
• Entry on the day (or after 1 May 2013): £10 per person
• Family entry: £32 (advance) or £40 (on the day) (All members to be of the same immediate family)
Organised by The Rotary Club of Bala and Penllyn
Running for 8 years with more than 2,000 participants, the events have raised over £50,000 for named charities
There are a number of walks to choose from, so whatever your physical capability there is a walk for you.
The choice is yours:
- Guided Walk with a local expert who will provide information on wildlife and local history. The circular walk will be at a leisurely pace and will take around 2 hours, just wear good shoes
- The Bala Challenge is a strenuous circular walk for able walkers around Bala Lake (Llyn Tegid), including part of the Aran ridge, starting and finishing at the Penllyn Leisure Centre, in Bala. The walk is 20 miles (32 km) long with a total ascent of 4,100ft (1,250m) and is expected to be completed in around 8-10 hours. Make sure you have the right all weather gear and stout walking shoes
- The Bala Lake Circuit is a circular walk around Bala Lake starting and finishing at the Penllyn Leisure Centre, in Bala. The walk is 14 miles (23km) long with a total ascent of 2,700ft (800m) and is expected to be completed in around 7-8 hours. Once again make sure you have the right all weather gear and stout walking shoes
- Bala Lake Walk: is suitable for family groups, along the south-east side of Bala Lale starting at the Penllyn Leisure Centre in Bala and finishing in Llanuwchllyn. The walk is 8 miles (13km) long with a total ascent of 1,700ft (510m) and is expected to be completed in around 3-4 hours. Return to the start may be by steam railway or provided by the organisers.
By the way there is Free car parking, feeding station, refreshments at the finish and certificates available for the Challenge and Circuit.
To enter just download and complete the form.
Download form here and send with the entry fee to: