Concerns and Complaints
Hafan Cymru see all comments, concerns and complaints as an opportunity to learn and to improve our services
We are committed to:
- Putting you first
- Providing a high quality service
- Dealing with any complaint quickly & fairly
- Keeping you informed about your complaint and doing everything we can to help you.
- Keeping all the information you give us confidential.
- Explaining our decision
- Using complaints and feedback to learn lessons and to review and improve our services.
If you are unhappy with our services
We are committed to providing the best possible service but unfortunately sometimes things can go wrong. If they do, we need to know so that we can put them right and learn from them.
A complaint is when you are not satisfied with a decision we have made or something we have done. Some examples are if:
- We do not deliver a service on time
- We give you incorrect, or not enough, information
- You receive a poor-quality service or believe that we have not fully considered your case
- You have a complaint about a member of staff
- All complaints are treated as confidential and information given will only be used as necessary for investigating the complaint. All complaints are recorded and regularly monitored to ensure the quality and effectiveness of our services.
We will keep you informed about any changes or improvements we make to our services as a result of your comments. Any information that you give us will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide. We do compile and publish statistics showing information, like the number of complaints we receive, but not in a form which identifies anyone.
We aim to try and resolve any complaint or concern you have to your satisfaction as quickly as possible. No one will be treated less favourably or be penalised in any way for making a complaint.
You can also send your complaint directly to your local authority Supporting People Team if it’s regarding an issue with your support.
We want to sort out problems quickly and locally. If you have a problem, in the first instance please get in contact with your local office where staff will try to settle your complaint straight away.
If your local office has not been able to put things right for you, you can then follow our formal complaints procedure by filling in our Concerns and Complaints Form
There are 2 Stages to the formal complaints procedure:
A member of the Senior Management Team will deal with your complaint, and hopefully it can be resolved at this stage. You will receive a letter acknowledging your complaint within 7 working days. We will carry out a full investigation of your complaint and this may involve arranging to meet you.
You will receive a written reply of the findings of our investigation into your complaint within 14 working days of the date of your letter of acknowledgement. If your case is complicated it may take longer to investigate. We will write to tell you if there is going to be a delay.
Although we try to sort out your complaint at Stage 1, unfortunately sometimes this will not be possible. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of the 1st Stage investigation you may then ask the Chief Executive to conduct a thorough independent investigation of your complaint.
They will write to you to confirm that they have received your complaint. You will receive the Chief Executive’s response within 28 working days of the date of their letter acknowledging receiving your complaint. If your case is complicated it may take longer to investigate and we will write to tell you if there is going to be a delay.
If your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction after Stage 2 you are advised to contact:
- The agency that has commissioned the service e.g. Local Authority Supporting People Team, where appropriate
- Public Services Ombudsman for Wales
- Housing Directorate Welsh Assembly Government
- The Welsh Language Board
- The Information Commissioner’s Office
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- A solicitor
This information applies to all service users, clients and partners of Hafan Cymru and is available in different formats on request.