2062 ESW Employment Support Worker Part Time Fixed Term Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan Area with Remote Delivery during COVID-19
2062 ESW Employment Support Worker Part Time Fixed Term till 31/03/2021
This is covering the Cardiff and Vale of Glamorgan Area with Remote Delivery during COVID-19
Salary: £13,074.32 (£21,500 FTE)
Closing Date: Noon Monday 26th October 2020
Interviews: To be held by Zoom Video Thursday 29th & Friday 30th October 2020
A Full Driving license and access to a vehicle for work is required as driving is part of the role.
For a copy of the Job Description in Welsh please contact us
You will work as part of a team to deliver an efficient and effective high quality learning and employment support service to economically inactive and long term unemployed adults.
To support the Training Manager with effective delivery of the programme
To work within Hafan Cymru, Awarding Bodies and External Funders best practice guidance and regulatory framework.
- To work in partnership with JCP across SE Wales to deliver a programme of support to Universal Credit claimants improving attitudes, motivation, confidence and enhancing employability skills.
- To use creative and innovative ways of engaging 120 participants in learning and work activity ensuring that potential for independence is maximised and they are enabled to achieve employment appropriate to their needs and wishes.
- To ensure that project participant employment needs are assessed regularly and to support them to develop, and adhere to, a task orientated individual action plan in line with funders targets and outcomes or other regulatory requirements and within the timescales required.
- To facilitate group-work and 1 to 1 sessions in liaison with the Training manager in order to maximise opportunities for employment and/or education of participants.
- To ensure minimum KPIs are achieved for up to 120 customers maximising project income to include – Tailored CV – Achievable individual action plan – Increased job search and interview skills – Increased confidence enabling individuals to overcome barriers to employment
- Adhere to Hafan Cymru risk assessments and risk management plans. To use good practice in managing risk and lone working.
- To develop working relations with potential employers, providers of work and/or volunteering placements and all relevant external bodies that work in the fields of education, employment and training to secure opportunities for participants.
To signpost, liaise with and facilitate service user’s access to other services (Job search, Volunteering, other education, legal etc)
- To be familiar with, work within and deliver services in accordance with all Hafan Cymru policies and procedures and legal and regulatory requirements
- To continue to develop knowledge and practice by actively participating in learning opportunities through team meetings, regular supervision, Performance Development Review Process and appropriate training.·
- To work in partnership with other agencies and organisations and represent Hafan Cymru at external meetings, public events, conferences etc ensuring that Hafan Cymru’s reputation is protected and enhanced.
- To maintain clear and up to date records, preparing reports and correspondence as appropriate in accordance with Hafan Cymru’s policies and procedures as required for the local and/or contractual requirements in respect of participant confidentiality and ensuring compliance with the Data protection Act.
- To assist the Training Manager with project review and evaluation.
- To work flexibly ensuring all project participants receive the appropriate level of support.
Please note should sufficient applications be received Hafan Cymru reserve the right to close this vacancy at any time, we always encourage all interested applicants to apply at their earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.
Hafan Cymru will hold a CV on file for a 12 month period after post-closing, unsuccessful candidates will be contacted should a suitable position become available in the future. If you do not wish your CV to be held/retained please contact us on recruitment @hafancymru.co.uk
An Enhanced DBS Certificate will be required for this role.