2072 – Business Development Manager
On a cover letter along with your CV, In no more than 500 words for each question please give a written response to:
- How you meet the Hafan Cymru values of Fairness, Versatility, Integrity and Being Inspirational.
- What do you think are the key business development challenges and opportunities faced by organisations such as Hafan Cymru.
We are looking for a highly experienced business development professional with experience of the Social Care and/or 3rd Sector to join our ambitious team and play a leading role in our growth and development.
PURPOSE OF POST:
To identify and manage business development opportunities for the Association by establishing and retaining business growth that supports the Associations aims and objectives.
A key aspect of the role is to establish and maintain productive relationships with partner agencies, commissioners and funders, and relevant organisations and individuals to increase revenue.
Business Development Job Spec.
- Develop a funding strategy that identifies funding opportunities in line with the organisation’s strategic direction and business priorities.
- Research, draft and implement commercial/business development plans and strategies.
- Identify and prepare high quality competitive tender submissions for a variety of commissioners. Collaborate with key teams within Hafan Cymru such as operations, HR and finance on preparing and submitting tender opportunities.
- Work with external stakeholders and partners, building relationships and collaborating on business opportunities.
- Focus on growing income streams and creating a plan for business growth.
- Develop a stakeholder map to manage existing relationships and identify/develop new relationships.
- Maintaining a positive attitude that inspires co-workers and clients to grow the business.
- Actively perform market research and analyse opportunities.
- Identify issues/risks to business growth and plan mitigating actions.
- Support Project Managers and project teams to comply with any financial and legal obligations detailed in contracts, grant agreements, etc.
- Complete reports to funders / commissioners as required
- Being aware of market trends and competitors.
- Promote Hafan Cymru by attending meetings, conferences and events.
- Monitor the publication of opportunities via online portals (e.g. Proactis, E-tenderWales, Sell2Wales, and Bravo Solutions etc.).
- Keep effective records of funding bids, reports and communications.
- Evaluate and filter opportunities to ensure alignment with strategic plans.
- Provide the Business Development Director and the Chief Executive with accurate and timely reports on activity.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience, and proven success of working in a senior business development role.
- Experience of working as a senior manager.
- Experience of writing successful tenders/funding applications preferably in the Social Care, Health and Third Sector.
- Experience of developing relationships with partner organisations preferably in Social Care, Health and Third Sector.
- Experience of representing an organisation at senior management level within a multi-agency environment, preferably in Social Care, Health and Third Sector.
- Experience of researching and providing data and information relative to the tender/funding applications.
- Experience of using web technologies and online procurement systems.
- Experience of writing to a high quality standard.
Knowledge and Skills
- An understanding of the ‘market’ in which Hafan Cymru operates and of the social care sector in Wales.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- Able to deliver multiple projects within required timescales.
- Able to develop working relationships internal and external Stakeholders.
- Self-motivated, organised and with a keen eye for detail, accuracy and quality.
- Ability to navigate and manage effective tendering processes and systems.
- Ability to produce quality reports presentations.
- A full driving licence and car available for work.