2083 – Peripatetic Support Worker
Along with your CV please include a statement with no more than 500 words for each question please give a written response to:
- why have you applied for this role?
- What experience do you have to support this role?
- Why have you chosen Hafan Cymru?
Job Purpose To work within a team to deliver an efficient and effective high quality support service to vulnerable women, men and their children with complex needs ( Domestic Abuse, Substance misuse, mental health issues etc) ensuring outcomes are met.
To work within Hafan Cymru and Supporting People best practice guidance and regulatory framework.
• To use creative ways of ensuring that service users are supported in such a way that their potential for independence is maximised and that they are enabled to achieve outcomes which are appropriate to their needs and wishes.
• To ensure that service users’ needs are assessed regularly and to work with them to develop, and adhere to, a task orientated personal support plan in line with Supporting People or other regulatory requirements and within the timescales required.
• To undertake safety planning within a Domestic abuse refuge / safe house environment when appropriate.
• To carry out risk assessments on each applicant and agree a risk management plan. To use good practice in managing risk and lone working.
• To signpost, liaise with and facilitate service users’ access to other services (Medical, legal etc).
• To foster the active participation of service users in all areas of their service provision in line with Hafan Cymru’s service user participation strategy including facilitating meetings with Service Users as appropriate.
• To feedback service users’ views to support the development and improvement of Hafan Cymru’s services
• To promote self-advocacy and act as advocate and/or mediator where appropriate.
• To support service users in identifying and addressing key issues relating to their children and promote positive parenting and the welfare of children/young people.
• To support service users to manage their finances, budget and make informed choices about their personal finances.
• To support service users to maintain tenure agreements ensuring they fully understand their obligations empowering them to deal with issues relating to housing management, maintenance and repairs.
• To be familiar with, work within and deliver services in accordance with all Hafan Cymru policies and procedures and legal and regulatory requirements.
• To continue to develop knowledge and practice by actively participating in learning opportunities through team meetings, regular supervision, Appraisal Process and appropriate training.
• To work in partnership with other agencies and organisations and represent Hafan Cymru at external meetings, public events, conferences etc ensuring that Hafan Cymru’s reputation is protected and enhanced.
• To work flexibly in accordance with Service requirements within the County providing cover as required in the event of staff shortages and ensuring that each service user is provided with an appropriate level of support.
• To maintain clear and up to date records, preparing reports and correspondence as appropriate in accordance with Hafan Cymru’s policies and procedures as required for the local and/or contractual requirements in respect of service user confidentiality and ensuring compliance with the Data protection Act.
• To take part in Hafan Cymru’s 24 hour on call system
The duties and responsibilities highlighted in this job description are indicative and may vary over time. Post holders are expected to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post and the grade has been established on this basis.