School Liaison Officer (Mid Wales)
Do you want to make a difference to another person’s life? We have an exciting opportunity for a compassionate and motivated person to join our Spectrum team in Mid Wales. Please read on to find out more about the incredible work our team delivers and for you to apply to join our amazing team.
Hafan Cymru is an organisation that values; fairness, integrity, versatility and being inspirational. We helped over 4000 people build opportunities to live well.
· We have a Fixed Term position available for 37 hours a week.
· We offer holiday entitlement of 27 days plus bank holidays, sick pay and great pension options.
· You need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
· This role will require an enhanced DBS check, which we will pay for.
· We provide all training required to successfully delivering the role and you will be surrounded by a fully experienced and supportive team and manager.
· A teacher qualification is required for this role.
In liaison with the Spectrum Project Manager, and Schools Liaison Officers already in post to develop and deliver the Spectrum Healthy Relationships resource Pack, promoting its take up and use with children and young people in schools, and other educational establishments and to enable schools to ensure a whole school approach to domestic abuse, gender based violence and sexual violence is understood and becomes firmly embedded within the school’s practice.
1. Project Delivery
– Make close links and deliver Spectrum resources in primary and secondary schools and other educational establishments via workshops, classroom sessions or year group presentations throughout the region or other areas as required.
– Ensure that young people in schools are fully aware of how to access help and support with issues of domestic abuse, sexual violence and gender based violence
2. Working in partnership
– Work with the Spectrum Project Database and Administrative Officer to make and maintain close contacts with all secondary and primary schools in the region, all Educational Advisors and other relevant stakeholders in the area.
– To seek endorsement from Key individuals and agencies in the county and provide regular reports on the work in the counties to all relevant stakeholders, outlining the progress of the project.
3. Whole School Approach
– To develop, promote and deliver training events on a whole school approach to the ending domestic abuse, gender based violence and sexual violence in primary and secondary schools within the region using the Spectrum Pack.
– To develop, promote and deliver the peer education program in schools.
4. Monitoring and Evaluation
· To monitor and evaluate each session within schools, using hard copy questionnaires and/or relevant software providing information to the Administrative Officer to enable them to populate all relevant databases and provide regular reports to the project Manager on the same.
· To take an active part in supervision with the line manager and ongoing self-assessment and evaluation of the work undertaken in schools, ensuring that best practice and a commitment to continuous improvement underpins the work
– Carry out the above with due regard to all the Association’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities and Customer Services.
– Ensure that compliance with Data Protection legislation is applied at all times.
– Establish, develop and maintain an effective working relationship with all work colleagues to ensure an integrated contribution to the Association’s objectives.
– Comply with the Association’s Code of Conduct by behaving in a professional, respectful manner at all times.
– Take part in the appropriate training required to carry out the duties of the post and enhance personal development.
– Commit to a continuous improvement culture and be prepared to undertake other duties and responsibilities relevant to the nature, level and extent of the post.
– Any other duties as directed by the Line Manager
Along with your CV please include a statement with no more than 500 words for each question please give a written response to:
1. Why have you applied for this role?
2. What experience do you have to support this role?
3. Why have you chosen Hafan Cymru?