Support Worker (Pembroke) 2102
Hafan Cymru is an organisation that values; fairness, integrity, versatility and being inspirational. We helped over 4000 people build opportunities to live well.
- We have a permanent position available for 37 hours a week.
- We offer holiday entitlement of 27 days plus bank holidays, sick pay and great pension options.
- You need to be able to drive and have access to a vehicle.
- This role will require an enhanced DBS check, which we will pay for.
- We provide all training required to successfully delivering the role and you will be surrounded by a fully experienced and supportive team and manager.
- To provide support within a women’s refuge and a domestic abuse housing project
- Candidates with prior HSG support experience would be advantageous
- To ensure that service users’ needs are assessed regularly, adhering to a task orientated personal support plan in line with Supporting People, regulatory requirements and timescales, enabling individuals to learn and achieve their potential
- To undertake safety planning, for example within a Domestic abuse refuge / safe house environment when appropriate.
- To carry out risk assessments on each client and agree a risk management plan.
- To use good practice in risk management and lone working.
- To signpost, liaise with and facilitate service users’ access to services (Medical, legal etc).
- To use creative ways of ensuring that service users are supported in such a way that their potential for independence is maximised and that they are enabled to achieve outcomes, which are appropriate to their needs and wishes.
Along with your CV please include a statement with no more than 500 words for each question please give a written response to:
- why have you applied for this role?
- What experience do you have to support this role?
- Why have you chosen Hafan Cymru?