As part of the drive by the Welsh Government to tackle Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence, Hafan Cymru’s Spectrum Project is funded to raise awareness of Domestic Abuse and associated issues in all secondary and primary schools in Wales.
All Spectrum sessions:
- Promote the importance of healthy relationships and raise the awareness of children, young people and adults about the issues of Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence.
- Are delivered by qualified and experienced teachers. Sessions can be delivered in Welsh or English and all resources are bilingual.
- Are cross curricular and are designed to promote peer discussion, using a range of techniques.
- Use materials that are thought provoking, but are not designed to be so emotive as to cause distress, including the concept of “The Safety Zone”.
- Are designed to promote discussion not disclosure.
- Conclude with information for young people on where they can access help and support both inside and outside the school.
The Project also delivers training for all school staff and for parents on:
- Raising awareness of domestic abuse
- Understanding the effects of domestic abuse on a child
- A whole school approach to tackling Violence against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence.
In addition the Spectrum Project offers a free consultation/audit to assist schools with meeting the new requirements of the Estyn Framework regarding Healthy Relationships Education.
For further information please contact Carys Sexton at email@example.com or call 01267 225563.